Varieties of hosting services
A hosting solution applies to stashing and/or sharing specific web content on a hosting server run by a website hosting vendor. There are various categories of hosting services used for different aims, so let's take a peek at them. Doing so, you can conclude what you want, based on whether you'd like to set up a web site, mail accounts, or to share files with pals and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by various providers, which permits you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archives, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only purpose is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a list of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage solutions often include advertisements next to the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a particular interval of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely imprecise explanation of the actual definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting system would allot the load between independent stacks of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending different web space hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a sort of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; certain distributors offer a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting type is appropriate if you desire to share an enormous amount of images with comrades or acquaintances since the service is generally free of charge. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to taking care of your e-mail addresses. Some corporations provide site hosting solutions for web sites, but do not provide an e-mail hosting service. If you would like to create a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to possess a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can create e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of using this method in lieu of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip creates a given amount of CPU load, so with a few video clips and a few hundred web site visitors, you may have trouble with your web site hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will permit you to administer as many videos as you want without hassling about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to own a web site. To a certain degree, it incorporates all of the abovementioned hosting brands since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can set up databases and e-mail box accounts, upload videos, etc. At Aasa Studio, for instance, you can have a peek at web hosting and dedicated hosting solutions that permit you to have all of the aforesaid services in one single place. There may be limitations based on the form of hosting solution that you've selected - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your site hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the conventional email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are meant for particular content solely.